Confession time – I made a second batch of these….that’s two batches in four days and there isn’t a single one left either. I could blame the holidays and say I was over-indulging during my days off but honestly I think I could make these cookies every day and never get tired of them.
I wish I could say these fall into the “healthy snacks” category, or that I did anything to try to make the recipe lighter, less-fatty etc like the healthy chocolate cake recipe, but nope these cookies fall into the seriously bad for you but in the best possible way category. Totally worth it - trust me!
Ingredients (originally from allrecipes.com):
1 1/3 cup of flour
¼ tsp of baking powder
½ tsp of baking soda
½ egg beaten
¾ cup of sugar
½ cup butter
1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla essence.
- Slowly beat in flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Dough has a slightly crumbly texture but holds together well and can be flatten out easily to make different shapes – I used a star, maple leaf and my new favourite a squirrel cookie cutter
- Place cookies on an un-greased baking tray and bake for 10 mins
- The cookies won’t look done but once you take them out of the oven they firm up and very quickly – left too long in the oven they become too hard
- Frost and add sprinkles to your heart content – I used icing sugar mixed with water and multicolour sprinkles
- Try really hard not to eat the whole batch (this batch made roughly 18 cookies in various sizes)
Ok no more I've offically banned myself from making these cookies again for a long time at least a week!