I’ve been experimenting a lot lately with dyeing my own yarn. It’s such an addicting process! I need to buy a milligram scale so that I can accurately measure the amounts of dye that I’m using but other than that it has been a fun experiment to just mix up dye and see what happens.
I dyed this one up on Christmas Eve, while feeling very festive and knew that I wanted it to be many shades of pink and red. I’m thrilled with how well the dyeing turned out. I knew immediately that it was destined to be a pair of socks. The weather has finally turned and it is starting to feel like winter here in South Carolina, perfect time to make feet cozy!
I used the free Zigzagular Sock Pattern from ravelry and knit up the pair over the course of last weekend. I’m still not great at the sizing for socks – the first pair I made were too tight and since then the other pairs have all erred on the too big side. This pair seemed perfect at first but after wearing them for a day they are all ready stretched out a bit too much to be wearable.
But since I’m heading off on a very very long road trip this weekend there will be plenty of time to re-knit the up smaller. I’m keeping sizing notes though so once I crack the perfect measurements I’ll be dyeing yarn and knitting up socks with abandon!